24/2-06 Being Boiled+Client(UK)+Thermostatic(S)

Begivenheder der relaterer sig til Kim Schumacher eller blot 80'erne generelt.

Redaktør: www.kimschumacher.dk

Besvar
Brugeravatar
savstyrkerne
Geografisk sted: Vesterbronx
Kontakt:

24/2-06 Being Boiled+Client(UK)+Thermostatic(S)

Indlæg af savstyrkerne »

Eldorado Club & Client present

Being Boiled - The Pre Launch Party

24/2-06
23.00-05.00
Tickets in presale 80 dkk, at doors 100 dkk
www.billetlugen.dk

live: Thermostatic(S) + Disco Digitale(S)
dj?s: Client(UK), resident +more tba

Being Boiled is usually a monthly night of pure electro at the Notting Hill Arts Club, London. Now Eldorado Club and Client launch a Danish version of the London electro extravaganza.

Client(UK)
Billede

the mysterious trio that push the exploration of electronica like a band possessed.

Client are an female electro duo who formed on the road in 2002 whilst supporting Depeche Mode in Eastern Europe under the name Technique. Signed to Andy Fletcher?s record label, Toast Hawaii, their debut album was released in 2003. An exciting and enigmatic live act Client have toured extensively in the UK and in Europe as well performing dates in the US, Russia and Mexico. Preferring to be known simply as Client A and Client B, Client produce sexy and compelling electronica grounded in strong songwriting foundations. They have been playing 3 times in Copenhagen at Vega and Rust. At Being Boiled In Copenhagen Client will use most time spinning records and leave the live performance to upcoming Scandinavian acts. At Being Boiled in London names like Martin Gore and Daniel Miller have been playing. Client will in 2006 tour together with Covenant(S).
At the Pre launch party we proudly present from G?teborg in Sweden Thermostatic and Disco Digitale.

Thermostatic(S):
Billede
At last. A band that fully embraces the possibilities of the Sidstation and gives it room to blossom in all its crystal clear nostalgia. The primary effort made by Thermostatic is not one purely based on the past though, as their ridiculously catchy Commodore pop sounds strangely contemporary. The recent hype built around this Swedish quartet is very much deserved, as this feels like electropop for everyone, without exceptions. I can see the synthpop nerds (including yours truly) take this to their hearts, as well as fans of mainstream pop or rock, just because their sound, while not entirely new, is so refined.
I used to keep it to myself that I loved many of the old Commodore 64 game scores back in the day. "Out Run", "Flimbo's Quest". Even "Spy Hunter" had a minimalistic charm, even though it didn't use the sounds commonly linked to the classic computer. Ten or so seconds into "As Stars We Belong" (the album opener), when the infectious melody riff starts, I was instantly transported back to around 1986, sitting on my brown bean bag (why? oh why?), playing "Wonderboy" well into the evenings 'till my fingers bled. At the same time I'm still very much in the now; firmly cemented in the moment. "Joy-Toy" does that to you. Hurdles you back in time, while having you rediscovering that this is unique in its own right. Trans-X meets Kraftwerk meets Erasure meets Rex the Dog. Kind of.
Ten tracks clocking in at a little over 36 minutes constantly keeps you on your toes.

Disco Digitale(S):
Billede
The sound of italo synth pop. A band a lot of people in Sweden are talking about at this very moment. Sure a dancefloor kick in your 1984 face. Push the buttom and make that mirrorball dance. Turn up the volume and enjoy the lovely sound of Disco Digitale.

Dj?s to be announced soon...

1306 Copenhagen K

Links:
www.discodigitale.se
www.client-online.net
www.thermostatic.se
www.billetlugen.dk
www.toasthawaii.com
www.culture-box.com
www.eldoradoclub.dk
Upcoming:

02/12-05: Culture-box.com